(this includes some of the Faculty standing orders):
Committees on which I have served include Senate;
- Senate Higher Degrees Committee; Senate Internationalization Committee;
- IT Governance Committee of Council;
- Faculty Ethics Committee;
- Senate Transdisciplinary Committee;
- Faculty Research & Higher Degrees Committee;
- Assessor’s Panel for the Promotions & Appointments of Academic & Research Staff;
- Eastern Cape Business Awards Judge;
- University Academic Review Panel Member;
- Eskom Expo Judge for Regional Young Scientists;
- National Research Foundation Advisory Panel Member: ICT;
Alice Regeneration Project: Community Engagement; Mentoring of Emerging Researchers.
I have acted as an external examiner/assessor for several doctoral theses for various institutions, including the University of Johannesburg, the University of KwaZulu-Natal, the University of South Africa, University of the Free State, North-West University and the University of Stellenbosch. Additionally, I have acted as an external examiner for many master’s theses/dissertations and honours subjects for various institutions.
Paper review panel
I have acted as a reviewer for a number of journals, including Computers & Security; South African Journal of Business Management; South African Computer Journal; Information & Computer Security; South African Journal of Information Management; African Journal of Information Systems; Journal of Information Security and Applications; Eurasia Journal of Mathematics, Science and Technology Education and the International Journal of Human-Computer Studies. I have also produced, read and reviewed many conference papers.